If you're starting a project but don't know where to begin...
I can help you. From start to finish. One way to get started is to give me a ring. I'll listen to your ideas, learn your goals, and help you develop a plan. And you'll learn that I can serve you not as a DP, but also as project manager, producer, director, writer, and editor. Let's dream big together, brainstorm a bit, and then begin to hammer out the details, logistics, and realities of your video production.
But how much will the project cost? Once I understand your project, I'll develop a specific cost proposal for planning, field production, post production, and delivery.
Or maybe you already have a specific idea about the video you want to make, and you also have a budget in mind. If you prefer, you can share the budget number with me and ask me to then develop a production plan that fits the budget and also meets your goals.
Meantime, here's a partial list of questions we'll want to discuss:
- What is the purpose of your video?
- How would you describe the nature of the video...fun, serious, informative, inspirational?
- Is there a preferred length for the finished video?
- Who will view the video (who is your target audience)?
- On what platform(s) will the viewers see the video?
- What is the deadline for completion of the video?
- What is the style of the video? If possible, please link me to an existing video that demonstrates the style.
- Is there a style of video you don't like? If so, link me to an example if you can.
- Where will we shoot the video? One location or multiple? Interiors or Exteriors?
- Will we need one camera or multiple?
- Will there be a script? If yes, will the script be written prior to shooting?
- Who will appear in the video?
- Will we want to use any music in the edited video?
- Will we need titles, graphics, or motion graphics in the edited video?
- Who will review and approve the edited video?
- (More to come...)
And you probably have a few questions, too, such as:
- How long will it take to plan and shoot the video?
- How big will the crew be?
- How long will it take to edit the video?
- Will I get to see a rough cut of the video?
- How many times can we revise the edited video?
Yes, there are a lot of questions to answer and decisions to make. But don't let this stop you from brainstorming and thinking big at the beginning of the project. We can put our heads together to build your creative plan first. And then we can work to match that plan to the budget and deadline. Together I'm sure we can find a balance between quality, speed, and cost.
And if you have any questions, just let me know :)